[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

发表于 2021-9-21 13:12:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Juvista (by Renovo Inc.)
Hi everybody,
I am a Chinese who lives in Canada. I am perfectly fluent in Chinese in reading and writing, but I don't know how to type Chinese on the computer. I hope readers don't mind me typing in English here. I was in an accident four years ago, and have a hypertrophic scar on my forearm. So I have been doing a lot of research in scars.
After reading the posts on this blog, I think readers should clearly make the distinction between "hypertrophic scars" and "keloids." It seems that a lot of people are mixing up the two. Hypertrophic scars (HS) do not grow beyond the original wound boundary, while keloids are more serious because they can grow on forever. It is VERY important to know whether your scar is hypertrophic or keloidal, since the former responds to treatments, while the latter is often worsened by invasive treatments.
There is a company in Europe called Renovo. It is currently testing a drug, Juvista, to treat both HS and keloids.
content.asp?c_id=9
Phase II testing has just been completed, and Phase III testing is due to begin in the latter half of 2008. If everything goes smoothly, the drug is expected to be launched for commercial use in 2011. Renovo is filing FDA application in USA. This drug looks very promising, and Renovo has recently won the European Biotechnia award in 2007 for its revolutionary research in scars:
http://www.biotechnica.de/47927
I hope this will give hope to all those who are plagued by pathological scars.
-------------------------------
After studying this forum, I think 疙瘩疤痕 means "keloids," since most of the cases involve ever-growing scars. While I have not researched keloids in these years, I have a wealth of information on hypertrophic scars. I invite everybody who has hypertrophic scars to reply / contact me to share their experiences.
By the way, surgical excision of hypertrophic scars in many cases generate IMPROVEMENT, while surgery for keloids should be avoided. I myself have been through two scar revisions, and I see improvement in both cases. I am planning to go through another surgery later this year, this time with better post-op care. One major factor that generates scar overgrowth is TENSION. I have found a medical study that documents SUCCESSFUL use of paper tapes that PREVENTS hypertrophy after surgical revision.
http://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/UQ:74998
Would anybody be able to tell me what is the Chinese term for Hypertrophic Scars? (not keloids)

「该帖子被 sardaukar 在 2008-6-18 0:34:40 编辑过」

网友:纸杯宝宝
晕倒!楼主,你是哪里人啊?

网友:enrique
你到底会不会打汉字啊?
开头说不会,中间还出来个“疤痕疙瘩”,搞不懂啊!?难道这是你搜的?
你事故后伤到什么程度?两次手术后有什么效果啊?跟我们说说
你说的那种药效果怎样?国内有么?国外用过人的反应又怎么样?你也给我们说清楚点嘛

希望是真诚的来交流的哦 哈哈哈[em12][em10]

网友:我忧疤恨_b
楼主  你知道你贴的是什么吗?  我晕,,!!

网友:天亦有情
小白一个 顶一下,顶起顶起顶起,秀起来,
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)

手机版|小黑屋|疤痕论坛 ( 蜀ICP备20006951号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 11:22 , Processed in 0.023854 second(s), 18 queries .

Copyright © 2001-2020, Tencent Cloud.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表